Artificial Intelligence and its related solutions can visibly, and in a short time, improve the experiences offered to customers.
There is a paradigm in which it is believed that AI will storm the agents’ jobs, causing them to lose their jobs. But, as I said, it’s just a paradigm, Artificial Intelligence will work directly with human resources, doing an extraordinary job taking the experiences offered to customers to the next level.
Yes, Artificial Intelligence (AI) can have access to all the relevant data that a company has about its customers, on the one hand, and unstructured data (from forums, social media channels), on the other hand.
Artificial Intelligence comes with a set of benefits for organizations that can be hard to deny, such as gaining valuable insights, providing a complete customer experience, and improving the organization’s processes.
Current and Future State of Artificial Intelligence in Contact Centers
The reality is that AI is not yet used and implemented at its true value, but there is a real interest in implementing this solution.
35% of respondents to the “Inner Circle Guide to AI, Chatbots and Machine Learning” research realized by ContactBabel intend to implement AI solutions very shortly.
It seems an ambitious number, but behind it is the stated intention and the real interest in Artificial Intelligence in contact centers.
Augmented intelligence visibly enhances the Customer Experience
As can be seen from the chart below, decision support/augmentation initiatives are the largest type of AI. By 2030, they are expected to represent 44% of the business’s overall value.
According to Gartner, last year, AI growth created a business value of $ 2.9 trillion, equivalent to 6.2 billion hours of productivity.
“Augmented intelligence is all about people taking advantage of AI,” said Svetlana Sicular, research vice president at Gartner. “As AI technology evolves, the combined human and AI capabilities that augmented intelligence allows will deliver the greatest benefits to enterprises.”
Gartner’s definition of augmented intelligence is a human-centered partnership model where AI and people work together to improve cognitive performance – including learning, decision-making, and new experiences.
“The excitement about AI tools, services, and algorithms misses a crucial point: The goal of AI should be to empower humans to be better, smarter, and happier, not to create a ‘machine world’ for its own sake,” said Svetlana Sicular. “Augmented intelligence is a design approach to winning with AI, and it assists machines and people alike to perform at their best.”
Use Cases for Artificial Intelligence in Contact Centers
1. Interaction Analytics
Here we can list several actions-benefits:
- Recognizing a pattern of behavior, such as sentiment analysis will allow the company to investigate and rethink the process based on predicting customer actions.
- Identifying patterns in the behaviors of customers who drop out, thus finding out what actions are successful in customer loyalty.
- Post-call analysis and monitoring agent performance.
- Identifying cross-selling and upselling opportunities.
- Discover areas for improvement and automation in association with RPA
- Identifying process bottlenecks through Customer Journey analysis.
- Fraud reduction.
- Improving the NPS score.
- Intelligent alerts in real-time for agents.
- Increasing IVR which has a rigid structure.
- Providing the necessary support to the clients who visit your site.
- Developing the true power of omnichannel.
3. Assisted Service
Here are some examples of assisted service:
- Improving the quality of interaction and agent performance through real-time analysis.
- Identifying cross-selling and up-selling opportunities.
- Increase real-time agent capabilities to improve results
- Use real-time sentiment analysis to support results.
4. Robotic Process Automation and AI
RPA / AI is the key to:
- Autocomplete functions thus releasing the agent from certain tasks.
- Monitoring post-call back-office processes.
The Future of AI
There is no doubt that AI will be taken over and implemented as a key process in organizations. In the first phase, AI will be where it does a better job than the human – it is either faster, acts 24/7, where can identify data patterns, or it is more accurate.
And, while AI intervenes in the automation of certain processes, the client will look for human experiences, whether we are talking about a human voice, a physical interaction. But this human experience will be sustained by the AI by identifying the client’s intention, capturing the feeling, or identifying old experiences and reactions to help the agent.
RepsMate uses technologies such as artificial intelligence and data analytics to understand customer behavior and transforms customer representatives, who interact with customers, into top performers.
“RepsMate improves sales quality by deciphering emotions and the context of conversations. In current practice, the quality of conversations is checked by randomly listening to up to 5% of all calls. Now, we offer the possibility to analyze all conversations, on all voice, text, video channels. The tool proposed by us answers the question “what do customers want” and not only helps with sales but also provides useful information in adjusting and designing offers and products ”- says Alin Roșca, founder of RepsMate.